March 14 - 18, 2016
What is textbook buyback?
- Textbook buyback is a bookstore-sponsored event that takes place during final exam week at the end of each term in an effort to recycle titles that will be used in the future.
- Buyback is a triple-win situation where you get cash for selling your textbooks, the Bookstore gets used titles to put on our shelves and future students are offered money-saving used editions the next term.
- Buying and selling used textbooks benefits everyone involved by cutting costs and reducing the environmental strain of additional textbook printing. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all titles will be bought back.
|What determines which textbooks are bought back?
- KCC faculty members select the books needed for classes. Their choices will determine which books we purchase.
- Your textbook’s condition. We cannot buy textbooks with missing pages or with water/smoke damage. Most workbooks with ‘fill-in-the-blank’ or tear-out pages are not bought back.
- Course enrollment numbers for the next term. Unfortunately we cannot buy more copies than we need for upcoming classes.
- The number of copies already purchased. When we have sufficient books in stock it is possible that we may not buy your book. Books for sequential courses are usually not bought back until the end of the sequence.
Sorry, we are unable to quote buyback prices over the phone or via email. Please bring in your books during our buyback period.
- Advanced diploma (5th year high school students) are not eligible to participate in textbook buyback.
- Photo ID is required to sell back books. In most cases you do not need your original receipt for the end-of-the term buyback, although receipts are required to return books at the beginning of the term. However, if a book has been reported stolen we may require proof of registration in a class before being allowed to sell back that title.
- The act of selling implies that you are the owner of the books or that you have permission from the owner to sell back his or her textbooks.
- In fairness to all students we reserve the right to limit the number of copies bought from one person.
- The Bookstore employees are not to be blamed if your book is not bought back.
- We understand that it frustrating if your book isn't being bought back, but we are not obligated to serve rude or belligerent customers.